ACT Challenge

ATC stands for Artists trading card which were originally given by artists as a sample of their works. They are bits of card that measure 3.5 x 2.5 inches exactly. You decorate one side using a range of techniques and then write on the back a title for it, the date and who its made by.

Followers

Sunday 14 August 2011

8th Challenge - Anything goes/Wings

 Hi Everyone

Well its that time again - Thank you for all your wonderful entrys this time, some really gorjuss stunning work there, thank you for joining in

The Winners catch up post will be following, once all commenting has been finished for the past month 

Our Prize this fortnite is Tim Holtz Adage Tickets, these are fantastic little things, have a variety of uses and go with anything..............................



On the subject of prizes, I have been notified by one prize winner that She had not received her prize, so can I just check with the other winners please, even if you have received your prize, just send me a tinkle at craftymess@rocketmail.com please so I can be sure.  Thank you xx 

Okay, so we are still staying with Anything goes but with the added choice from Lisa "Wings" - so to make an ATC with the theme

Anything goes or Wings


Right Lets see what the teamies have come up with 

Caro



I used vellum butterflies & decoupaged them, using black glitter to highlight the bodies
and made the flowers using perlidoodles



I started with paper that had been coloured with Magnolia Magenta Gold Starburst Stain and Gold Glimmer Mist. Then I stamped the fairy, flowers and butterflies (Lavinia stamps). I restamped the fairy's wings on vellum, cut them out and added sparkle with Sakura Stardust pens. I also added Stardust to the flowers and then Crystal Stickles to the butterflies.



The background for this was made by tapping Stampin up ink pads onto the card- they give a lovely texture. The flowers are 2 part stamps and are also Stampin up, as is the bird in the cage. He looked kinda sad and lonely, hence the words!




Abbie



For this ATC I screwed up my card then added the fairy image, I added a pink ink over the top of the image, I have put a border to the side of ATC and added some small gems xx




Lisa




I began my melting a mix of clear sparkle and gold embossing powder on my non stick craft mat, I then inked my stamp with a burgundy inkpad and stamped into the melted embossing powder. Once cooled I added this to a background of music paper. Some glitter, a gem, a few flowers and a final mist with a bronze shimmer mist and that's my ATC.




Leah




Stamped wings then re stamped cut out and inked up . added a love heart
all coloured with distress inks




Shirley-Anne



Added a frame to precut ATC . Green  DSP at bottom edge
covered with flowers from my stash for garden .
Added butterfly embellishment from my stash .
 Words in real red ink from set , Butterfly Prints .SU.

Sandie


After inking up the background, I then stamped the main image.By masking the image, I then stamped the background image.Finally I added the stamps (stamped separately) and covered the stamped moth with my own that was in my stash, I added black wire for the antennae.




For this atc I used Manga fairy stamp and coloured her in with promarkers, glittered her up and used a piece of papermania paper for her to sit on.




I used Cosmic Shimmer over a mask, I then added the bottle tops with the images and stamped on the word "wings" and then distress the edges. 




2 comments:

  1. Super pieces from the DT team - love how they're all totally different. I'll try my best to join in this fortnight - where does the time go! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous examples DT, just found your blog. Yvonne

    ReplyDelete